Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pictures from Morocco



The second picture is of me with an International Harvester that came out of France. Knowing that I would be working for the Red Power Round Up- where all the International Harvester collectors bring their tractors for a little show and tell- I had to get a picture with an ole Red.  first picture is when we are a traditional Moroccan meal in a berber tent- the food was delicious and it was fun and relaxing to lie on carpet and pillows, eat until you couldn't eat anymore and look out at the rolling country side. 

The third picture is of Muhammad, a sheepherder since the age of 14, who we stopped and visited. We were able to ask him any questions we had about his nomadic job, lifestyle or whatever else we may want to know. He was really nice and keeping with the Moroccan characteristics, he was a humorous man who joked saying, "I will come work for you. I have my papers and ID I can leave right now and go to the US and herd your flock of sheep!"

I was taken aback by the hospitality and sense of humor that the Moroccans possessed. I also saw these character traits of ours hosts in Egypt. So far I have a very positive image of North African and Arabic people. They seem very kind and excited to see visitors as well as those who may someday help them improve their agriculture situation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment