Sunday, June 13, 2010

Jean, Lolita and Beans!

Sunday June 13

I woke up on my first Sunday around 8:30 a.m and when I left my room, I met Jean who moved in earlier that morning and was doing the TEFL course too! We went grocery shopping at The Iguana. We then came back and tried to make rice and beans. Lesson of the day: you’re supposed to soak your beans for a day or two before trying to cook them. You live and learn! They never did get that soft but were still okay.

We ended up having rice and beans, and I made way too much rice so it’s possibly enough to last me another week!

Also while we were trying to cook, Lolita, a parrot kept bothering us. We had been told my the other girls staying in our house that she would bite your toes so we were kind of afraid of her. We kept trying to shoo her away but she was pretty adamant about hanging around. Eventually, Cristina gave us a broom and Lolita really hates the broom.

The Cristina’s son, Estaphon, drove us to the beach, which was really nice. We walked around the beach for a bit. We saw our roommates and I got a surrong to use as a beach towel since I

only brought one towel with me. We went to an internet café for a bit and checked e-mails and then sat on the beach and chatted for awhile. We went in the ocean and played in the waves, which was a lot of fun.

Sitting on the beach we saw other girls that Jean had met that were also taking the TEFL course. We made plans and met up with the girls to go out for dinner. We went to a restaurant on the beach and it was amazing!


I ended up getting a cheeseburger because I had a headache and wasn’t hungry but knew I needed to eat something and it was fantastic! The flavor of the cheese exploded in my mouth and was so good. We then stopped at Super Samara, the grocery store and went back to the girl’s house and chatted for the rest of the evening. Jean and I left around 11 p.m. We were really tired early since the sun goes down at 6:30 p.m. but were determined not to go to bed at 9 p.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment