Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday 11th in review

I will expand on this blog later but to give everyone a rough over view of what I have been doing I decided to post a little something. 

The past two days of have been hectic and sleep is... well I forget what sleep is because I get so little of it. Yesterday I spent my entire day at the Gymnastics venue watching the Women's Qualifications. It was amazing- there is nothing like seeing teenage women perform very difficult routines on Uneven Bars, Vault, Balance Beam and Floor Routine. Much more to come on that. My shift wasn't until the afternoon but with permission went early to watch because the 1st group included China and Romania, the second had the US team and the third included Russia. My group included Brazil and France, both of which made the finals but were not talked about as much- I was also very tired by the time that fourth round came. 

Getting only 5 hours of sleep last night, I woke up this morning to watch Beach Volleyball- BOCOG had given us free tickets to the event. Of the entire Mizzou group, I was the only person who willingly stayed the entire time until 3pm. Most left around 1pm and some left just after the first match, which started at 9am, ended. I really wanted to stay because when will I get a chance to go to an Olympics again and watch sporting events? I take what I can when I can and can handle sacraficing sleep for Olympics- I can take naps and not go out a few nights. 

After the matches I went to lunch at 3pm with my friend Beth. We ate a 1,000 and one nights- a Middle Easter restaurant that serves great lamb! We then met Ted, Ashley and Laura at the train station and headed on over to The Today Show. It was a great experience- my signs got on TV, I got autographs from the entire Today Show crew of reporters and TV personalities. The best part was getting insight from Ann Curry when she talked with our MU group during commercial break. Her words of wisdom were noted by our group and will not soon be forgotten. My shining moment is that in the last few minutes of the show one of my signs, "Hello Perry MO" is shown in the middle of the screen- I had to give a shout out to everyone back home. We then got McDonald's and pin trading was a part of my whole day. 

I had an amazing day and have so many great memories from just a short period of time. I have to work tomorrow Publish Post morning so I am going to bed now but can't wait to elaborate on my day more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment