Monday, August 18, 2008

Today's Posts

The following are a few blogs from a few weeks ago. Things have gotten a little crazy with the Olympics starting but I found this that hadn't been posted on the net. Sorry for the delay but here's what I have...


Hey all- I'm getting behind some more. It's harder to blog when pictures won't upload- makes things a little bland. But as you will read, I am having a great time and keeping super busy. Things are about to get crazy. We got special stickers so gymnastics reporters get to be on the Olympic Green during opening ceremonies, watch the show on a big screen and see the fireworks up close. Today is my last day of rest. I have a professor dinner tonight- I will be eating a traditional Chinese meal with a professor from Renmin University. Tomorrow is opening ceremonies and I start work on the 9th (men's qualifications!!!) and 10th (women's qualifications!!!). We have a day off on the 11th and then start again. I turn 21 on Saturday. I work that day and get to interview the US men's team so that is really exciting- no doubt I will have an amazing birthday. Seeing how China has no drinking age I guess I can go out for a drink in American tradition but back to work on the 10th where I get to interview the female gymnast from Poland and other English speaking female gymnasts. This is going to be an intense few weeks and I couldn't be happier. This is what I came to do and am having a blast. I have already signed up to volunteer at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada!

Also, several of the posts are ones that I wrote yesterday during slower times at training so if I am talking in first person it is because I was there. Watching podium practice was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment