Monday, July 28, 2008

And mom said I didn’t pay attention to detail…

So far I have helped to find 3 errors in the INFO system at the Olympics. The first was a team effort; there was no biography for Paul or Morgan Hamm. The two hadn’t been put into the system correctly so this information source for journalist didn’t offer any background on Paul Hamm, who won Men’s Individual All Around at the 2004 Olympics in Athens or his twin brother Morgan Hamm. The second was a minor spelling error in which the system wasn’t being consistent. My biggest discovery ocured while I was copying down information to study later. I realized that the same document was published for the record for Men’s Horizontal bar and Men’s Parallel bar. My ONS manager from Australia, Sally, was really impressed with my find, it was nice to be praised for my attention to detail (ß mom). I spent a good deal of my afternoon using the INFO system to look up information. Even though we had five computers, I was the only person who was consistently researching, but I guess it’s because I know that I’m not good at organizing a study time and since the time had already been set aside for me, I did what I was supposed to, plus it just helps to pass the time. That was my gold star moment for the day- I want to do really good at this Olympics so that I can continue to volunteer for future Olympics, so this was a good moment for me- I just hope I can continue to keep the good work up!

No comments:

Post a Comment