Friday, July 25, 2008

I got it! I got it!

Alright everybody- I know I dropped the ball for a few weeks but, as the Australian’s we met say, ‘No worries Mate, she’ll be alright.’ I am picking the ball back up! I am feeling better about China now; I had hit a rough patch for a bit but am feeling better now. Chinese cultural has some significant differences- that I will continue to sprinkle throughout my blog. We received our training and Olympic work schedules yesterday and things are going to be better now. One of the hardest parts of adjusting to the culture was constantly flying by the seat of our pants. I consider myself to be a flexible person, but even I was craving some sort of a routine.

            I am excited about our schedules- we now train for one day and have two days off. This time off will help me to catch up on my blog as well as continue to do some sightseeing. I am going to try to hang out at the venues as much as possible once the games start, but until then I have learned from experience that it is not necessary or effective for us to train 8 hours a day without any days off, especially since we only do about four hours of work a day and sit around the rest. Details to come later but I am excited to be blogging again- I hope I didn’t disappoint too many people with my three week break (or slacking)! Thanks and Have Fun!

P.S. Don’t worry- I have been keeping a running list of what we have been doing everyday so my blog should be fairly complete even though the information may seem a little out-dated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment