Friday, July 25, 2008

Once Upon a Time…

Disclaimer: Anything in parenthesis is completely fictional and made up by others or myself in my group for entertaining. I wanted to keep this as informative as possible but wanted to have a little fun too so I hope that clears up any confusion.

  Over 3,000 years ago in a land far, far away there was a small town that was rapidly developing. Years later it was conquered by Ye and became the capital of the state and named ‘The Capital of Yen’. Today, one of Beijing’s most popular beer is named after this conqueror. Long after the Yen state ended, the city remained one of the most important in Northern China. Since the 11th Century, five dynasties elected the city as the imperial capital, which was renamed by each dynasty. The last two dynasties, the Ming and Xing Dynasties, named the city Beijing. During this time, 1400s to 1911 Beijing had great economic development and grew in size.

            In 1911, a revolution broke out and the country entered into a republic era. From 1911 to 1949, the government officials were weakened by greed and laziness. The Republic of China was overthrown by the Red Party, which was led by the famous, (and sexy), Mao (hence the phrase Moa-chica-woaw-woaw). The People’s Republic of China is the current ruling party. Beijing is once again the capital city, is a modern metropolis, a political and cultural center that continues to rapidly develop physically and economically to this day. The cities’ goal is to host one of the most successful Olympics in history and surprise the world. (I heard this statement before I began training and now view this completely different; my perception has definitely changed.)

(To be continued… because the story of China will never really end) How about that? For as long winded as I am, I just squeezed over 3,000 years of history into less than 200 words- a personal record if I do say so myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment