Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Just some randomness

I got sidetracked blogging about my experiences and just had to throw so thoughts out there.

I find it interesting to see what words spell check doesn’t like. Such as blog, which is a popular form of communication, texted, which refers to something we do on our cell phones in the past tense, and podcast, a downloaded audio clip. These are just a few of my favorites. We have been given the word netizens several times by Chinese news outlets. This word was new to me but very self explanatory- a citizen who gets their news from the internet- internet being one of those words that spell check thinks needs to be capitalized, even though it is a plain noun and used so at this point instead of a proper noun like a person or city.  

1 comment:

  1. Am enjoying your posts on this blog and livewire, Julia. Keep up the good work! And hang tough.
    -Bill

    ReplyDelete