Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I have arrived!



After a 13 hour uneventful plane ride (thankfully) our group arrived in Beijing. Pictures do not do the airport justice! The new Beijing airport is so shiny and modern. Everything flows so smoothly, from exiting the plane terminal, to the subway, to pickup where our luggage arrived quicker than we did. I was surprised how quiet the airport was, even with hundreds of people waiting to get through customs, there was a very calm, relaxed atmosphere. So far, that has been my most exciting moment- probably because I have been too zoned out from jet lag the rest of the time to be too surprised. Anyone interested in architecture would probably like the airport through; I was in awe of its structure, something which I rarely notice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment