Monday, July 28, 2008

It’s not where you go but whom you meet

Aussies! A friend and I had just gotten done eating supper one night and some Australians ended up sitting next to us and we began talking. From that evening I acquired my motto for life, “No worries mate, she’ll be alright.” For the most part I am a fairly flexible person so these few words describe my personality. There are times in life when I do stress unnecessarily though and that is when this quotes steps in. It symbolizes who I am and want to be- I don’t like to worry, it takes to much necessary and lets face it, “she’ll be alright.”

            Somewhat along those lines and somewhat completely unrelated, my theme song is “Life is a Highway”. I remember watching Miss America in high school and she was asked and question she never did answer, “What song best describes you and why?” I thought that was the hardest question ever and never could come up with an answer. One week later I was asked that exact question during an interview for an Area FFA Officer and had to go with the first song that came to my mind and was kind of lame. After that I gave it some time and thought and am secure in my final decision.

            I guess the point is: isn’t crazy what we learn about ourselves from others, strangers who we just met, and from random experiences that may seem trivial in several aspects? I have always enjoyed the challenge that traveling has delivered and I accept it willingly. It’s easier to learn more about yourself when your boundaries and limits are being pushed to the max- physically, mentally and emotionally. Going farther and doing better than you have ever done is one of the best feelings ever and I hope to never lose the eagerness to take on a challenge. I am optimistic and naïve, which helps me to live a happy and entertaining life. Being clueless has its perks- when I discover or learn of something new it totally amazes me and I hope to always have that awe and excitement when I learn something. Life is so fun when it all it takes are the little things to completely amaze me. I love the feeling and excitement of realization, it’s just one of the many spices of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment