Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Our 1st Friday night in Beijing and what do we do…

After a day of touring newspapers I was wiped out but decided I wanted to go with my roommate and others to a shopping center to get some basic items like a USB memory chip adapter and orange juice and lotion. When I was buying lotion I noticed there were two types- I assumed that meant flavors. I was with someone who was from China and studied at MU and she told me the difference was that one was for moisturizing and the other for whitening! So opposite of America where we have tanning lotions they have whitening lotions! They also have whitening face wash and sun block. That is definitely a cultural difference, although wanting to be white is probably healthier- less skin cancer anyways.

It started raining big time on our way back and after 20 minutes we were pretty soaked! We all changed, ordered Pizza Hut cheese pizzas, not that tuna pizza didn’t sound good or anything, and watched the first half of no reservations on a laptop. It was a nice way to wind down from a crazy day while still coping with jet lag- 13 hours is a major adjustment!

No comments:

Post a Comment